Friday, October 1, 2010

Module 6 Reflections

I was really excited about Glogster- it has so many applications that I think could be applied in a very creative way in the classroom. I has loads of fun playing with the different profiles, colours, backgrounds, videos and sounds and styles of writing. I think that using Glogster would allow creativity in a different way for students. They are used to creating avatars and personal profiles on Smartkiddies and other sites, so I think it will lend itself to creative poetry writing, personal response activities and IT art tasks. I'm sure that is only the tip of the iceberg- I always  find that through discussion with others, you come away with  new ideas and that someone else can open your eyes to fantastic learning opportunities.
I have already tried bubbl.us with mind mapping for a new unit of work  using Jason Project  "Monster Storms" and programmed it into the next RE unit too. It is easy to use and the  visual structure is predictable for students to use. I intend to use bubbl.us for group tasks and as an easy visual display model for differentiated activities- it will allow the groups to organuise ideas and to keep focussing on these, rather than going off on tangents, which can happen!!
More to learn and lots to use in creative ways- all suggestions gratefully  received from those who happen to read my ramblings!!

i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee4/fhomano/glogster.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment