Saturday, October 9, 2010

Module Seven Reflections


 I have known about Delicious as an online central book marking tool through discussion with other people, but I had not investigated it to use personally. Previously I have used ‘Favourites’ to save my favourite websites and have created a monster to navigate through! After watching the video clip and exploring on my own I don’t think I’ll ever use ‘favourites’ again to mark sites. Delicious allows me to save all useful websites in the same bank and it is sooo easy to check other people’s preferences, which is usually an indicator of a worthwhile site. I can access my favourite websites from any computer that I log into NOT just the computer I was using the time- this is especially frustrating when checking sites on release time at another computer at school, or at home although I have used MyClasses to book mark and categorise links in the past. Now I can access sites easily at home and at school on any computer.  The feedback on pages and sites is also useful as it allows me to gauge a site and save time- trash and treasure I guess. I have used tags from other people to access sites and have tried to import links from my favourites, without success as yet- I always find I need to “play” with these. I think that just copying and pasting the web address is where I am going wrong, but I don’t know what to do yet. I enjoy reading other peoples’ blogs and to see the great way others share their ideas and insights. It is good to read some of the ideas that people have on integrating Web 2.0 technology into their classroom simply yet effectively. I thought I would include a Dire Straits link for you- great music of the past!!
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/all/watch/yapi-ObzXL0p7t1E

1 comment:

  1. Wow Macbeth!....you are so computer savvy!!
    Love reading your blog!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete