Saturday, October 9, 2010

Module 8 Reflection


Prior to completing this module I was not familiar with the term "RSS feed"- Rich Site Summary. Through trawling through this module, I have found that RSS is as vibrant as the web itself- it allows me to be constantly informed- from news to blogs using a very time-efficient method of accessing websites that are regularly visited. I had no trouble in setting up Google Reader, but I still need to play around with the RSS feeds to make sure that I have linked then properly to Google Reader. I also want to have a go at using the image generator- but I will save that until I have some more time. How can I use these with my students in the classroom? Firstly, I have access to Google Reader and heaps of blogs with an educational perspective and feedback as well with some good Australian content as well and secondly, the blogs give me a way of communicating with others to share ideas and opinions.  Students could use Google Reader for tracking the blogs/wikis that they are a part of as well as news updates. Google Reader could be used to subscribe to a number of different news websites and allow the students to sift through these and perhaps find articles relevant to a range of  topics, as well as weather information for the Science unit we are doing called Monster Storms which is based on the Jason Project. I now know what that little orange icon means too!
Go Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment